- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 4 green onion, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, cut in halves
- 3-inch cube of ginger, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 oz dried shitake mushrooms (about 15–20 dried shitake, can sub fresh shitake)
- 1-litre vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp miso paste (white or red)
- 1 tsp agave (or maple syrup)
- 1 block soft tofu, cut into small cubes
- 2 packs vegan ramen noodles
- spinach, cilantro, & green onions to garnish
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Add the green onion, garlic and ginger to the pot and saute for 2 minutes.
- Next, add the dried shitake mushrooms and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, water, soy sauce, miso paste and agave and bring to a boil, mixing well until everything is combined, then reduce heat to low, cover & let simmer for 10 minutes.
- (Optionally) strain the soup to remove the large chunks of garlic & ginger, or just remove them with a fork if desired.
- Raise the heat to medium, then add the tofu and ramen noodles, letting cook for 2-3 minutes until the noodles are soft.
- Serve with some steamed baby spinach, chopped green onion and fresh cilantro.
- This broth intensifies with flavour over time. Prepare the broth a day before you want to enjoy it to make it even better! Depending on how much sodium is in the broth you use, you may need to add a bit more or less soy sauce. Taste and adjust accordingly.