This easy recipe is perfect for those who like to get creative in the kitchen. Once you memorize the three simple components of this cake mix cobbler, you will be able to mix up the flavors in a myriad of ways. You don't have to be afraid to make this recipe over and over again because it can be made into a unique symphony of flavors every time.
- 24 ounces fresh or frozen fruit of your choice
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 (12-ounce) can seltzer water, in a flavor to complement the fruit you choose
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arrange cut up fruit on the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry cake mix with the seltzer water until the batter is smooth. Spread the batter evenly over the fruit.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until the cake tests done in the center. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
- Pair frozen peaches with lemon soda, or a combination of fresh apples and frozen cherries with orange soda. You can also use fresh berries and a berry-flavored soda. You could also use a different flavor of cake mix, such as lemon cake over blueberries, to make this yummy 3 ingredient cobbler.