This Quick and Easy Potato Soup is Rich and creamy. This vegan potato soup has no added fat and can be made in minutes in a blender.
- 3 medium Yukon Gold potatoes cooked and peeled, if desired
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon white pepper using more will make it spicy
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon raw cashews or 1/2 tbsp. cashew butter optional
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat soymilk or other non-dairy milk
- High-Powered Blender Users: Place two of the potatoes along with the remaining ingredients into the blender in the order given. Start machine on low speed and increase to highest setting. Blend for about 4 minutes, until steaming hot. Dice remaining potato and divide it among 4 bowls. Pour the soup over the potatoes and serve hot.
- Regular Blender/Stovetop Users: Chop the onion and sauté it until soft in a medium-sized saucepan. Cut the potatoes into cubes and add 2/3 of them to the pan, along with the broth, rosemary, white pepper, and salt. Simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes. Pour into blender along with cashew butter, soymilk, and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth. Return to pan, add remaining potatoes, and cook, stirring often, over low heat until hot.